Saturday, May 29, 2004

Went well

My first unsupervised solo at Wilgrove went pretty well. My landings definitely were not perfect and after I did a little maneuvering over the Corning plant, I came back and botched two landings resulting in two go arounds. Finally, I came back and put 91F on the runway in a decent fashion, but had a little too much speed and ballooned a bit before I roughed up the landing gear once more to end the day.

All in all, a pretty good flight. I used the Charlotte VOR a bit to practice navigating, and was able to tune in Monroe AWOS to get some weather information. The landings (on runway 35) weren't the greatest, but there were some other nice aspects to the flight. Good visibility and steady winds. It did get a little bumpy toward the end as the ground heated up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home